We strive to keep our members safe and healthy while continuing to support the monorail industry during these tough times. This year Monorailex was held via Virtual Meeting to ensure the safety of our members and colleagues. The Virtual Meeting was organized in a series of activities that began on 19 September to 22 September, in 3 to 4-hour sessions each day.
The purpose and goal of the Virtual Workshop 2020 was to work on the further development of the association as well as the strategic direction for its future.
During last year’s assembly meeting (MONORAILEX 2019) that was held in Chiba, Japan, the IMA implemented two working groups whose focus was to further the development of the association.
Turnkey Systems Working Group
- Purpose: Establish applicable turnkey system performance requirement, based on international standards, to assist consultants, authorization bodies, etc.,
- Main content: Proven best practices for optimized total system approach for safe and efficient operation (e.g. passenger capacity, fleet-sizing),
- Communication Platforms: Contact other association, norming organization.
Subsystems Working Group
- Purpose: Define the recognizable international standards to support customer and industry procurement processes,
- Main content: Establish the detailed integrated subsystem performance-based requirements or specifications,
- Communication Platforms: Customer events, conferences, paper, web page.