The mission of the International Monorail Association is to organize the global monorail sector, promote the application of monorail, publish information, and initiate and support standardization processes of monorail for public mass transport infrastructure.
The purpose and goal of the Virtual Workshop 2020 was to work on the further development of the association as well as the strategic direction for its future.
During last year’s assembly meeting (MONORAILEX 2019) that was held in Chiba, Japan, the IMA implemented two working groups whose focus was to further the development of the association.
Turnkey Systems Working Group
- Purpose: Establish applicable turnkey system performance requirement, based on international standards, to assist consultants, authorization bodies, etc.,
- Main content: Proven best practices for optimized total system approach for safe and efficient operation (e.g. passenger capacity, fleet-sizing),
- Communication Platforms: Contact other association, norming organization.
Subsystems Working Group
- Purpose: Define the recognizable international standards to support customer and industry procurement processes,
- Main content: Establish the detailed integrated subsystem performance-based requirements or specifications,
- Communication Platforms: Customer events, conferences, paper, web page.
The 10th International Monorail Association Annual Conference (Monorailex 2018) was held at the Novotel Hotel am Tiergarten in Berlin, Germany from September 13 to 15, 2018. Monorailex conferences aim to provide a platform for experts and scholars in the field of monorail transportation and business development to share knowledge, discuss existing problems, opportunities, and challenges, while strengthening international cooperation for this cutting-edge technology. The format for Monorail 2018 included presentations of scholarly papers, roundtable workshop sessions, technical tours and opportunities to network with other professionals in the field. We thank everyone for their participation.
The International Monorail Association welcomes aboard its new General Manager, Ulf Becker, to support the executive council, oversee and manage effectively job-related duties and projects, and represent the association at meetings, forums, and other public events.
The International Monorail Association, Beijing Jiaotong University, and China Monorail Transportation Development Research Center announced Monorailex 2017. The conference and exhibition took place at Beijing Jiaotong University, in Beijing, China, September 7-9, with an impressive list of Chinese companies co-organizing the event. The event showcased the progress in the Monorail and Maglev fields, and included International and Chinese exhibitors. There were three tracks in the presentations: Vehicle, Systems, and Infrastructure.